Postcards from Hell

Weather: Hot, high thousands. Possible showers of fire clearing to brimstone. Wish you were here.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Three People on a Train

This is story about three groups of train passengers.

The first group of train passengers were semi-drunk and loud people for whom 'class' was something they stopped attending in primary school. I felt uncomfortable so I got off the train.

The second train passenger was a guy who talked out-loud to himself. I think he was actually having a conversation: he used different voices. He made me uncomfortable, too, but I didn't get off the train as I was running late.

The last passenger was a muslim guy: the beard, the crotcheted skull cap and the beads that the Catholics turned into rosaries. He had his eyes closed and was moving his lips as he prayed. He didn't make me feel uncomfortable but I was amused at one lady who got on the train at one station, noticed him, and got off at the next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home